Magnified is happy to be a licensed provider of the new Alberta Transportation MELT program (Mandatory Entry Level Training) for Class 1 drivers. Below is a break down of what the course requirements will be. This information will be updated as we are given more information. For further information please follow the link below to the Alberta Transportation website.
About the Course
Prerequisites for Class 1 MELT training are as follows:
- Completed Air Brake endorsement course
- Non-GDL Alberta Class 5 license or higher
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a drivers medical exam
Course components consist of the following:
- Classroom – a minimum 40.5 hours of classroom instruction
- In-Yard – a minimum of 15.5 hours of in-yard training
- In-Cab – a minimum of 57 hours will be spent in the vehicle driving and completing off-road maneuvers.
Please note these course time amounts do not include the Air Brake endorsement course which is separate from the MELT training course.