Magnified is happy to be a licensed provider of the Alberta Transportation MELT program (Mandatory Entry Level Training) for Class 1 drivers. Below is a breakdown of what the course requirements will be. This information will be updated as we are given more information. For further information please follow the link below to the Alberta Transportation website.
About the Course
Prerequisites for Class 1 MELT training are as follows:
- Completed Air Brake endorsement course
- Non-GDL Alberta Class 5 license or higher
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a driver’s medical exam
Course components consist of the following:
- Classroom – a minimum 40.5 hours of classroom instruction
- In-Yard – a minimum of 15.5 hours of in-yard training
- In-Cab – a minimum of 57 hours will be spent in the vehicle driving and completing off-road maneuvers.
Please note these course time amounts do not include the Air Brake endorsement course which is separate from the MELT training course.
Please note that failure to advise us of not being able to attend any booked course/session will result in refusal of a refund. Courses and training time are booked for you and usually cannot be filled if you don’t advise us 72 hours before the course.